Tuesday, May 18, 2010

An Atari blog. Never have really done the blog thing before, but since my work on all sorts of different packages for that Atari/FreeMiNT platform is so disjointed, I decided I needed a place to actually talk about what I am doing and hopefully provide links that might be helpful to someone out there. So, anyway, not too sure how often this will be updated.

At the moment, I am working on OpenSSL 1.0.0. So far, it only needed 1 additional patch besides the existing patches to add support for our platform. I was able to successfully build and fully test a version built for 68000 with GCC 4.4.3. Right now my Falcon is building a 68020-60 version to test. Unsure if this will get packaged as an RPM at this stage because the build keeps getting the dreaded malloc crash.

I'm hoping to start working on building GCC 4.5.0 natively. Have successfully built GMP, MPFR, and MPC for a 68020-60 target. Right now, the 68000 target is not doing too well with testing.

Other pending projects? Well, I just ordered the FireBee yesterday, hoping to get something going with my ColdFire development board soon too, but just have not invested the time in trying. I got a hold of a NEC USB PCI card to try to get keyboard and mouse going on it, besides already having Radeon 7000s on hand in expectation of the CTPCI showing up soon.

And my latest adventure is into the realm of learning to use the 56001 DSP in the Falcon. ScummVM needs a lot of help (It has tons of issues on the platform besides the horsepower it needs) so I am hoping that I can figure out a way to use the DSP to alleviate the load on the CPU. I have always been thinking about trying to make all of the adlib code run from it for adlib emulation. Another possibility is getting MP3 decoding working with ScummVM to have the ability to use compressed sound with the DSP's help. Again, this is an area where I need to find time to invest. Of course, ScummVM has other problems with timers, sound race conditions, and memory needs outside of mint.

Also always messing with other items here and there. Anyway, enough for now. Hopefully I'll get back on here and start posting links to some of my older packages sitting in my webspace with some short descriptions.....

No comments:

Post a Comment