Thursday, May 20, 2010

My Development Environment......

Well, the first thing to say is that it is not very organized at all.

With Vincent Rivière's cygwin port of the latest GCC releases, I am now doing a lot of building on a laptop with cygwin, that is also running AranyM. For instance, all ScummVM releases are built there just for the fact that it takes forever to build a complete ScummVM on my Falcon.

I have also been making use of my PS3 for development as well. Have YellowDog Linux 6.1 setup, and built a previous versions of Vincent's GCC port on it. Not sure how much longer this will last since Sony has decided to remove this functionality from updates to the system firmware, but since I rarely use the thing, I won't really run into a problem unless some BluRay movie wants an update. Currently I am bringing the tools on it up to date with the latest GCC release. And, I'm using Linux here cause I have so far not been real happy with any modern Linux on my x86 system. I might try getting Ubuntu gong at some point on an x86....

Otherwise, we have my Falcon. It has a CT60 (first release) with the latest generation 68060, clocked at 72 Mhz cause I still have not installed the CTCM. It also has the nice feature of a non working parallel port, at least for flashing the CT60. Its got a 20 Mhz bus, thanks to Mark Duckworth. Actually, I was able to get a hold of 2 68060s, sold one to him, and delivered it personally, and he updated my CT60s flash at that time (when I finally learned the || port was bad) besides wiring the machine for 20 Mhz bus. The CT60 has 512 megs of ram. I have an Ethernec plugged into the cartridge port for net access. For drives, I have a Startech IDE -> SATA adapter connected thru a 44 pin to 40 pin adapter (plugged in backwards) with a 160 GB Drive and a Pioneer DVDRW. This system is using an eiffel for keyboard / mouse. It is also connected, at any given time, to either an MT32, Casio, or Kawaii keyboard. CTPCI should be arriving shortly for it, actually 2 of them. I also have a second CT60, but only the one Falcon.

A coming attraction, hopefully, is a Coldfire development board. I have two of these boards, one is installed in a case and ready to go. Also have a Radeon Card (7000) and a PCI USB card to use with it, but, currently, both can not be connected due to how the PCI slots are laid out on the board. Need to spend some cash and get something to move the slots. The only media this board takes is a Compact Flash card, which I have. I currently do not have a keyboard / mouse, as I either need an eiffel for it, or to test the USB board. So far, I have been able to boot this system with EMUTOS build by Didier using the Radeon card. Have not had the chance yet to try using the USB card.....

I do have other Atari systems, but none of them are really seeing much use at the moment. The main ones I have are a stock 1040 STf (1.4 TOS), 520 ST with 2.5 Megs (1.0 / 1.4 switchable), 1040 STe with AdSpeed STe and 4 Megs (1.6 TOS), and 2 Mega STes, one with a PAK 030. The first 3 systems were all purchased new in the late 80s / early 90s!

No comments:

Post a Comment